I found this pin on pinterest of this girl that lightened her hair and it was so gorgeous. Of course, now I can’t find that pin, but I remembered that the girl said she lightened her hair with cinnamon and she hadn’t had previously dyed her hair but she did have highlights and the cinnamon mixture enhanced them. I had highlights about two years ago and they were cinnamon red, so I wanted to try this cinnamon mix to see if I could achieve a reddish color in my hair. Continue reading
So there has been some buzz lately on Beyonce because she’s rocking a fresh cut. Personally, I think it looks cute and it’s something different! I’m a fan of hers and following her on Tumblr, I can’t help but notice her style. Whether it’s street style casual or daytime dressy, she always looks put together.
If you’re anything like me, you always seem to find really interesting clothing on sites like Pinterest and Tumblr. It seems the girls can always find the perfect maxi skirt/dress, boots or fringe bag. Well I found a couple of sites that actually were made to tell you where to get the fabulous skirt you saw on Pinterest or Tumblr.
- Wanelo – You can make wish lists of cool things you find on the site like Starbuck’s shirts and other random bits you may like. It gives you a direct link to the shop or stores with similar products.
- Wheretogetit – This site is a little more organized; it broken up into sections (Tv shows,Bloggers,Trends,Brands,and Celebrities,etc.) This site is more like community where others tell you where to get similar items or the exact item. I really love this site; it’s easy to find what you’re looking for and chances are that someone else already posted a look that you wanted to know about.
This is my third time receiving a voxbox from Influenster.”I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.” If you don’t already know what Influenster is, it’s a site that sends boxes of sample products to consumers based on a compatibility test you take prior to receiving the box. Once you receive the box, you simply have to review the products! It’s free and very simple. Check them out here.
The contents of this voxbox were:
- Mary Kay Cream Eye Color (Violet Storm)- I love this color; it’s a subtle purple with silver glitter that isn’t overpowering. It blends out nicely to a very soft lavender with silver.
- Mary Kay Lash Primer- I didn’t notice any difference when I used this with the lengthening mascara or without it. This is a clear gel that lightly coats the lashes and acts as a primer for the lashes. I’m guessing this might make a difference for someone with straight, short lashes, but I don’t know.
- Mary Kay Lash Love Lengthening Mascara- I love, love, love this mascara! My lashes are already long, but sometimes when I use other mascara’s they make me get the spider looking eye lashes. This formula is light and the wand really separates the lashes well.
- Mary Kay Concealer/ Cream Shadow Brush- Soft bristle brush that blends both concealer and cream shadow.
- Mary Kay True Dimensions Lip Stick Pink Cherie- The shade is a soft pink, but too light for me. Other than that the formula is nice; it’s moisturizing.
For the consumer: “I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.”
I purchased this after using some when my mom purchased this in a set at Macy’s last year. Carol’s Daughter is a natural company that makes hair and body products that are supposedly all natural. You can purchase it from Carol’s Daughter online here or at Sephora and Macy’s.
According to the company, this product promises:
So today it was pretty cold and I wanted to be comfortable yet stylish for church. I paired my orange chunky sweater from Gap with black leggings and brown Steve Madden boots.
This wash day I decided to do a roller wrap and not use the blow dryer. The results were not what I expected, but that probably has to do with the fact that I am on the 6th week post relaxer and I want to stretch to eight weeks. I have new growth, but it isn’t that noticeable around the perimeter, but the center of my head is pretty hard to comb through.
As my normal washes I pre-pooed with a mix of Herbal Essences Honey I’m Strong Conditioner, Suave Naturals Coconut and Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I left this on for 45 minutes and rinsed with warm water.
Afterwards I followed up with Honey I’m Strong Shampoo and deep conditioned with Honey I’m Strong Conditioner for 1 hour . I roller set with jumbo rollers all over and sat under a hooded dryer and wrapped my hair and tied with a satin scarf .
Like I said, I wasn’t that impressed, maybe if I would’ve flat ironed my roots, then the look would’ve turned out better. But my new growth has just reminded me that I want to transition to be natural. My mom is natural and it took her about 9 months, but she wore wigs and had short relaxed hair. She told me to wait until after two years, so that’s what I’ll do.